Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: blocking Google Desktop

From: Jason Coombs <jasonc () science org>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 21:49:35 +1300

J.A. Terranson wrote:
Invite the idiot in the
white house, I hear he's feeling unloved today :-)

Do you mean: "invite the idiot" in the white house ?

Or do you mean: invite the "idiot in the white house" ?

My favorite stupid hacker trick "in the white house": getting POTUS to call you by your hacker handle. (be sure to call him POTUS in return)

http://www.cultdeadcow.com/cDc_files/cDc-0374.php
The rest is more recent history. An invitation to join President Clinton's Internet security advisory panel was the cherry on top of the whipped cream. And the coolest thing of all was that they did it on their own terms. For a hacker to be addressed by the President of the Untied States by his handle and not given name is the ultimate form of legitimization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dildog