Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Hacking Boot camps!

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:42:02 -0700

On 11/23/05, InfoSecBOFH <infosecbofh () gmail com> wrote:
Actually it wasn't a troll.  My opinion is based on my personal and
recent experiences with SANS

At first I read your email and thought it was a troll, but having read
your second one, you have a pretty valid point (with the mentoring and
all)

I have attended a SANS course (win2k gold standard stuff in '01) and a
New Horizons Course (exchange 2003 in 05- paid for by my employer
_after_ I had been admining exchange for four years ;-) and in
comparison the SANS course rocked. It is very possible I have never
recieved training thats worth bollocks and just have no frame of
reference in which to judge.

Sorry for the troll comment, it was a little hasty (netdev made me paranoid ;-)

-JP
"no one can teach you IT, you have to learn it"
-JP