Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Reverse engineering the Windows TCP stack

From: Georgi Guninski <guninski () guninski com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:02:43 +0300

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 12:18:04AM -0600, James Longstreet wrote:
I don't know if it's credit per se, but I just ran strings on XP's
finger.exe:

<snip>
s_perror
MSWSOCK.dll
@(#) Copyright (c) 1980 The Regents of the University of California.
 All rights reserved.

I've done it with ftp.exe and a few others as well, I'd imagine most of
those utilities were borrowed from BSD.

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:-UWnNbtDLhoJ:www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/04/20/1019233287416.html+gates+gpl+cancer&hl=en
Steve Ballmer, told a reporter that a competing "open-source" system called
Linux was "a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual-property sense to
everything it touches".

but obviously not all free software is bad.
reusing bsd code is good thing according to m$.

--
where do you want bill gates to go today?