Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Clips] A small editorial about recent events. (fwd)

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 06:10:49 -0700

On 12/18/05, Jamie C. Pole <jpole () jcpa com> wrote:
As far as the rest of your point, I actually agree with you.  I see
no reason why the government needs to know which books you are
reading, and I don't believe the government should know how long you
are talking to your "psychic-phone-sex" operator in London (I would
suggest that you look for one in the USA, though - the transatlantic
phone calls can get expensive).

On the other hand,
there is no other hand. if I am right, I am right. Case closed ;-)

 if you are talking to a known or suspected
terrorist, or if you are a known or suspected terrorist, I believe it
is absolutely the government's responsibility to know what is going
on.  I know that there is a very specific provision that allows
access to this information legally, but we do not know the
circumstances that prompted the extralegal wiretaps.  There may have
been a very good reason why these particular circumstances were
handled this way.
You are assuming that the elected officials have decency and our best
interests at heart. That is a _very_ dangerous and risky mindset. what
_if_ they dont? just imagine, if they dont care about you and me, or
if the next guy elected doesnt care about us... what then? what powers
did we just give the next douchbag elected?

A blanket condemnation without all of the facts is just as wrong as a
blanket justification without all of the facts.
I only condemn the blankets, those bastards!

Jamie
<JP

"Hack the elections!!"
-JP