Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Learn from history?

From: "Alerta Redsegura" <alerta () redsegura com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 10:08:19 -0500

My only point is, SMB businesses are not prepared to pay for advanced
security, which you say I should provide, and to whick I totally agree.

Maybe my boss does not have the right business plan and marketing
to 'sell'
security. Probably.

The first thing to determine with the company management is: What happens to
the company if their network is down 1h? 2h? One day? One week?  How much
money does that represent?  If data is lost, how much does it cost to
re-build it (resources, time spent, etc.)?

If you clearly assess the risks and come up with a solution showing an
adequate cost-benefit ratio and you compare it to the possible losses,
chances are that management will approve your proposal, regardless of the
company size (from SMB to Fortune-100).

IƱigo Koch
Red Segura

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.