Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Learn from history?

From: Ondrej Krajicek <krajicek () ics muni cz>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:27:48 +0200

Not quite.  Anyone here using IPSEC filter group policies to block the ports
that Sasser uses to propagate?  Obviously you can't block 445 without
causing significant issues, but you can block the ports Sasser uses to
transfer itself (5554 & 9996).

Anyone here using IPSEC Filter Group Policies at all?

Anyone? I'am really curious if someone dares to use this for
production-level security.

With no logs, you must rely on pen-testing
to make sure it works. Beside the burden of hacking of your
own _production_ box, as always with group policy,
you never know when it stops to work.

Just my $0.02...

Ondra Krajicek

|Ondrej Krajicek                                                 (-KO|
|Institute of Computer Science, Masaryk University Brno, CR          |
|http://isildur.ics.muni.cz/~ondra               krajicek () ics muni cz|

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html