Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Possible First Crypto Virus Definitely Discovered!

From: "Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:11:37 +0530

Steve,

Sorry to say but it is not! I checked my incoming traffic again
this morning
and the attack on port 443 is still coming in full steam ahead! I
don't know

COULDN'T THIS BE A SSL DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACK? ssl requires quite a lot of resourses and if u have a web server
running then it might be a dos attack other could you please post some pakets of the captured traffic and also the
binary that is listsing on that port?

what's going on, but I am about to block that port on my firewall. Some
nitwit (probably the idiot that was here before I became IT Director)
somehow, for some reason, deliberately opened port 443 on the firewalls!

there might be a vaild reason for the open port.

I am beginning to think that this is the first wave of the new
coming global
crypto-storm!

get cover, perpare for the storm all/

-aditya