Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Possible First Crypto Virus Definitely Discovered!

From: "Marek Isalski" <Marek.Isalski () smuht nwest nhs uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:40:45 +0100

I've been in IT for many years and I am now IT
Director here at
the bank... I would think that I would know what "ssl" would be. I don't
think this worm has anything to do with whatever "ssl" is. Does
anybody even
still use ssl? That's probably why the hackers chose it.
is this flaim bait ?

I can't log into my bank account -- it says (let me copy and paste this for you)

Error connecting to https://www.bbb-bank.com
Connection refused

They're not a very big bank and would not have been able to afford CISSP and other information security people.  I
think they have been CRYPTOVIRUSd because they didn't have the cryptanalytical skills to defend themselves!  At least
Mr Bilano firewalled his bank so they are safe.

I bet all my money that was in the account has been taken by the evil hackers! :-( :-( :-(

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html