Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: DOS all platforms

From: "Chris Brown" <Chris () get-tuf com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:01:45 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Brown
Sent: 21 January 2004 18:57
To: Lee
Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] DOS all platforms

POC has been sent to CERT but they have yet to release it.  I am not trying
to be clever but how does your Firewall connect to the Internet if not
through a router?  The thing to look at here is that this will not be a DOS
directed at "you/your company" but at the Internet in general, if this tool
can take out an entire class C block then you are screwed no matter what
firewall/router you are using.