Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, help the cause

From: William Warren <hescomingsoon () verizon net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:56:50 -0500

jan.muenther () nruns com wrote:

<snip>

Yeah, I agree, but that was also a pretty steep learning curve and a lesson
that e.g. Redhat had to learn the hard way. I believe in 2001 Redhat 6.2 had
more severe security alerts that w2k.

What many tend to forget because MS and others have blinded them to the fact is that RH may have had more security alerts but outside of the kernel RH is not linux..the linux operating system is the kernel..everything else is third party...MS by their own adminission has windows tied into everything in the instlalation(IE, WMP..etc etc) and a flaw in one of these programs is a flaw in the entire system. BIG difference in architecture big difference in overall security...you cannot compare windows to a linux distro becuase the distro itself IS not linux..:)

<snip>

--
May God Bless you and everything you touch.

My "foundation" verse: Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html