Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: ask apple - was: lame bitching about xpsp2

From: it <fulldis () thum ath cx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:13:52 +0200

 Freitag, 13. August 2004 20:01 wrote devis:
Beside, the unix based permissions system has proven far superior, ask
apple. Still shameful that the default XP install, in 2004, at these
malware times, still logs you as an administrator . Would you feel safe
using ur *nix box as root everyday ? I wouldn't.

one big puzzle piece.
at this point I'm personally more interested what others think about Mac OSX
security history ranking among common OSs.
without using it or having any relationship to apple I've placed it no2 after
OBSD.
If that's ok it's an amazing example that even a desktop system with some
desktop market share (more than linux) can be effectively secure without
loosing functionality etc.

some comments?
thanks
i.t