Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Zone Alarm

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 12:52:02 -0500

I'm not sure why you'd expect derision for that question.  I'd be more
likely to give it to you for using HTML email. :-)

Zone Alarm is fine for a home user on the Internet.  It's certainly
better than putting an unprotected Windows box out there.  I'd
personally prefer a DSL router or a *nix box running a "real" firewall,
but ZA is fine for most people.

Who's the "everyone" who say that ZA is crap?

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member