IDS mailing list archives

RE: Specification-based Anomaly Detection

From: "(infor) urko zurutuza" <uzurutuza () eps mondragon edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:47:29 +0100

Don't be so fussy! I agree with Stefano, the big IDS trademarks as Cisco, ISS, NFR, Intrusion or Dragon have just
started offering a little bit of real anomaly detection (using AI instead of signatures!), even if we know that network
anomaly detection is almost 15 years old in the research comunity (I think the first was NADIR (Network Anomaly
Detector and Intrusion Reporter, of Los Alamos National Laboratory in 1990).

MONDRAGON UNIBERTSITATEA
Urko Zurutuza
Dpto. Informática
Loramendi 4 - Aptdo.23
20500 Arrasate-Modragon
Tel. +34 943 739636 // +34 943 794700 Ext.297
www.eps.mondragon.edu
uzurutuza () eps mondragon edu