IDS mailing list archives

RE: Hi, I want to study IPS

From: Shawn <wjveno () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 23:29:11 -0600

IDS and IPS are using the same tools and same abilities. They are
actually the same. IPS came out as a "catch phrase" as a "different"
solution than IDS. Please refer to the recent posting from "Frank
Knobbe" and "Jason" as a reference. Don't get fooled in terminology
and remember there is no "one" solution. Many of us use 4 or 5 types
of systems to pull everything together into an IDS solution. Best of
luck with your task. HAGO.

Wil Veno
wjveno () shaw ca
shawn () whitehats ca