IDS mailing list archives

Re: NIDS and HIDS

From: Bastian Ballmann <Crazydj () chaostal de>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:51:16 +0100

Hi there!

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 21:48, Youngquist, Jason R. wrote:

I'd like to have an analysis program that would take data from the NIDS,
HIDS, syslog, and tripwire logs, put it all together, and be able to
give me some useful charts and graphical summaries so management can see
that their money was well spent in securing the organization's
infrastructure.

Maybe you should include prelude to all of your NIDS / HIDS lists.
It's a hybrid ids and you can for example use a patched snort as
NIDS oder a patched aide as a filesystem integrity checker to log
to a centralized prelude manager machine.
You can find it here: http://prelude-ids.org/
Greets && have fun! :)

Basti
--