IDS mailing list archives

RE: Changes in IDS Companies?

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 31 Oct 2002 16:20:53 -0600

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 13:59, Dante Mercurio wrote:
I know WatchGuard has an IDS intergration tool already. It's actually
just a command line program that auto-blocks on the appliance given
certain output. I've been trying to implement it with Snort in a test
bed scenario and would be very surprised if it wasn't integrated and
expanded on the firebox line into a true NIPS in the future.

Dante,

I just received a plugin to SnortSam that allows Snort to block on
Watchguard firewalls. It will be next week though until it's released.

Other to quickly follow?

Netscreen plugin just got released...

Regards,
Frank