Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PCI DSS & Firewalls

From: "Darden, Patrick S." <darden () armc org>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 15:30:30 -0400

Hmmm, no I don't think so.

Network auditor would take care of regular stuff (e.g. your example of
an open telnet service).  Nessus, nmap, etc.  Irregular stuff will be
there no matter what, if someone knowledgeable enough spends enough time
looking.

Pen Testing has no real purpose that I can see.... Other than as a scare
tactic to put someone in their place, get more money for security from
admin, shame your IT department, or etc.  It is more of a
social/political tool than a security instrument.

--Patrick Darden