Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: 2nd Life

From: <Bonny_Allen () doh state fl us>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:05:59 -0500

I second that Timothy. Its obvious the poster "knobody" is unaware of
the current trend, right or wrong, to perceive SL as a likely business
tool - IMHO a parallel to all the politicians using MySpace and Facebook
to attempt to reach voters. I am aware of industries that are using it
to recruit and businesses that use it to conduct job interviews.

It is always good to Google if one finds oneself lacking knowledge
about, say "possible business uses of Second Life" before publicly
making off the cuff negative (a kinda nasty to boot) remarks about
another person's place of business. Examples I found:

http://www.digitalfutureblog.org.nz/digital-strategy-v2/using-second-lif
e-as-a-business-tool/

http://blog.worldvillage.com/games/a_second_life_quick_start_powerful_bu
siness_tools_for_the_sl_newcomer.html