Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Ok, so now we have a firewall, we're safe, right?

From: ArkanoiD <ark () eltex net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 03:44:15 +0400

WEP, not WPA? That's twice more ridiculous.

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 08:48:48PM -0400, Paul D. Robertson wrote:

In any wireless scenario, speed and distances will vary from room to room.
Anything within the 2.4Ghz (microwave) spectrum may affect your wireless
connectivity and speed. Signal penetration through walls will depend on
the density for the walls. 802.11b is the standard for wireless
technology, with a transfer speed of up to 11Mbps/ 2.4GHz frequency. In
addition, to help protect your computer from hackers or others who may try
to intrude on your wireless connection, $Provider Online strongly recommends
that you use the WEP security function of your Linksys wireless router.
WEP setup and advanced feature instructions are available on your Linksys
User Guide CD.
-------

Good thing I scrolled down to find it!  It's pretty well hidden for a
"strong" recommendation.  Took me 15 minutes to find, and that's all I was
searching for.

Paul

email protected and scanned by AdvascanTM - keeping email useful - www.advascan.com