Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Worms, Air Gaps and Responsibility

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 10:41:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr wrote:

Y'know... there was something to be said for uucp... ;>

Indeed, there still is- I was going to put something about mail grabbed
from inside via UUCP, but decided it'd over-complicate the message.

I've always thought it would be better to do mail from a DMZ machine via
UUCP- but I've never done it, since I tend to trust my hardened mail
servers enough to talk to the Internet at large.

Paul