Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: pix firewall - failover and logging issues

From: "Symon Thurlow" <sthurlow () webvein com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:51:42 -0000

I may be incorrect, but it is my understanding that the serial failover cable can be used by itself for failover,
however you need to use the LAN and Serial failover if you want Stateful failover.

Also, not sure of your platfrom, but I had an issue with failover on a PIX515e bundle, it was erratic and pretty much
just didn't work. Also, the performance was absolute cr*p.

The answer from the reseller was to send both boxes back, and they were replaced.

The reseller mentioned that they had seen this problem before.

Symon