Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: pix firewall - failover and logging issues

From: Luciano Z <user_luciano () yahoo com br>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:14:31 -0300 (ART)

I know we had a problem with an 515 once but Cisco
said it was really a hardware bug and replaced the
box. I don´t have much information about this because
it happens when I was starting on this job :-(

Well, I would like to thank you all for the help!

[]
lwulff

 --- Symon Thurlow <sthurlow () webvein com> escreveu: >
I may be incorrect, but it is my understanding that
the serial failover cable can be used by itself for
failover, however you need to use the LAN and Serial
failover if you want Stateful failover.

Also, not sure of your platfrom, but I had an issue
with failover on a PIX515e bundle, it was erratic
and pretty much just didn't work. Also, the
performance was absolute cr*p.

The answer from the reseller was to send both boxes
back, and they were replaced.

The reseller mentioned that they had seen this
problem before.

Symon