Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Interlopers on the WLAN

From: Paul Robertson <proberts () patriot net>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:31:13 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:

Duh. I forgot the obvious "it'd mean laying out 3 base stations"
Of course, you could network 'em together and that way the
triangulation code could run realtime. :)

FWIW, you only need twostations.

Assuming good signal path between the stations and the target, of course-
or a calibration step.

Aircraft DME systems are a great model.

Paul