Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Administrivia and spam rate - OFF TOPIC FOR FW..DEAD ON FOR SECURITY

From: Mark () nfr com
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:12:08 -0500

This is silly.

As correctly stated by Brad, it's against the law to collect and/or report on
communications of a US person and the law is rigidly adhered to.  Please see

http://www.eff.org/Privacy/Surveillance/Terrorism_militias/fisa_faq.html. I'm
sure it's elsewhere on the net too.

see Section 12.

So, if you're a criminal, plan on yor communications being legally
intercepted and used, but also plan on it being another agency (federal,
state or local) and not the NSA to deal with it.

But one point of clarification, once any communication is determined to
involve a US person, citizen or not, the communication is thrown away. The
point of difference being originated versus involving.

Mark