Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: VPN through DSL - On the subject of PPTP

From: "Behm, Jeffrey L." <BehmJL () bvsg com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:13:36 -0600

Unless I misread somewhere, these are articles and/or examples about how one
*could* break in, but back to my original question...

I have heard no one ever name an exploit

(perhaps I should have been more clear...I have seen no one name an actual
exploit _outside_ a lab environment)

I'm not into security by obscurity, either, and just because no one has
exploited it _yet_ (or at least not to my limited scope of knowledge on
exploits), doesn't mean there is not a risk, but I think the protocol is
overhyped on the exploitability (is that a word?) in real time in real
networks where people are doing real work.

Thanks for listening...My last statements on the subject.