Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re[2]: VPN through DSL

From: Jason Ostrom <justiceguy () pobox com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:17:11 -0600

PL> It's also possible the techies at her company tested their VPN solution
PL> on only dialup scenarios. Since most dialup sessions are assigned a
PL> routable IP locally, their VPN solution would work.

Very true.  Swbell uses PPPoE with DHCP for their DSL "dialup"
customers.  If she has the same configuration (Efficient 5260 DLS
Modem and Enternet 300 dialer software), the PPPoE might be preventing
the Nortel ipsec client from working.  The Enternet 300 software does
support the Nortel client [1], but then again it could just be a
configuration setting in the dialer software.

[1] http://support.efficient.com/KB/NTS/windows.html#VPN