Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: certification of skill

From: Chad Schieken <cschieken () lucent com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:28:34 -0500

I recently tested for this. I must say that the thing that impressed me most by the test was the "common sense" behind most of the questions was excellent. For an "associate" or mid-level colleague it's exactly the set of basics I'd want them to subscribe to.

The thing that impressed me least were some questions about what would or would not be legally required in certain situations. Given the various jurisdictions through-out the US and the world, I can't see how there is a single "best" answers, besides 'go ask a lawyer'.

Also with no obvious feedback mechanism, I'm not certain how they plan to improve the test. To compare it the CISSP certification process, the CISSP does allow you to "challenge" test items but my memory of the process is lacking (maybe someone could chime in), and you can submit new or updated test questions. Also the test incorporates some number of "beta" questions if I'm not mistaken.

later...
chad schieken, CISSP, TICSA