Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re:IBM secureway firewall

From: gattaca <"gattaca () liquidmatrix org"@mail.liquidmatrix.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:40:32 -0000

Ron,

I have had experience with this firewall and I can safely say that this was
not a top shelf product. There are significant memory leaks in the https
proxy and you can easily tunnel through any port that is open. I was really
VERY happy to rip these out of the network and replace them. Regrettably, I
cannot speak to the VPN aspect as we did not utilize this feature. We had
enough of a headache simply with packet throughput. It was insane that this
firewall would choke on traffic that a Linksys could handle in stride (fume)
Sorry, I can't be much help on the VPN. If you have an option to replace
them I would recommend it.

cheers,
gattaca

--

"I'd rather be insulted by you, than someone I respect." - Helmet