Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IBM secureway firewall

From: firegod <firegod () cobal org>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 22:08:11 -0500

At 07:17 PM 12/5/2002 -0500, you wrote:

The problems that plagued us most with it - at least through version 4.x were mainly ones of throughput, it simply couldn't deal with a high amount of packets per second (it was a web server farm so most of the traffic was small packet, bursty traffic) it started dropping a lot of traffic between 5k and 8k pps IIRC.

Oh yeah - forgot to mention that we were running it on some pretty decent metal as well, generally 43p's (AIX RS/6000's) because the old SNG code couldn't be run on a multi-processor box, but once Secureway (version 4) came out it was supposed to be MP aware, so we also tested it pretty extensively it on 4-way F50's, surprisingly with similar or worse results).

--
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Anybody can be a non-drunk. It takes a special talent to be a