Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: NSA coughs up secret TEMPEST specs ... posted on Cryptome

From: John Young <jya () pipeline com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:27:28 -0500

Michael,

Cryptome readers would be most grateful if you would
reveal for publication the information so carefully censored in
the NSA Tempest documents.

We have heard from several people who have claimed they
know what is missing but do not come forth with sorely
needed information to protect ourselves from those
who know the truth about Tempest.

NSA is teasing, or perhaps taunting, us with the mangled
releases. That is the agency's role, no doubt, to keep us
in the dark and guessing about what we allegedly don't
know and must remain dependant on spooks who allegedly
do. You would not engage in such despicable, self-serving
treachery, I'm assuming, and I ask you to put up or shut
up about what you know.

Skip, please, NSA-type bullshit about classified information
being too valuable for the public to handle. It's time the spooks
and their exes stop hiding behind invidious national security.

We are eager to publish what you know about Tempest that
the NSA won't tell. Send it to us anonymously if you wish,
encrypted to our PK on Cryptome.org if you want to assure
privacy.

Regards,

John
Cryptome