Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Firewall Throughput

From: "Mills, Craig" <CMills () netbridge com au>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:32:42 +1100

I think you have the PIX and Cisco's IOS firewall feature set confused.
They are not one and the same product. Cisco don't push the PIX as a
router/firewall. It has only the bare routing functionality needed to
function as a firewall should.

It sounds like the perimeter firewall you are discussing is a router
running IOS FW, since you're discussing CBAC which is a IOS FW feature.

I agree that the IOS firewall is not suitable for enterprise protection,
which is why Cisco offer the PIX as a firewall appliance.

Regards,
Craig Mills