Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Cisco IOS Firewall feature

From: "Garrahan, Kelvin" <Kelvin.Garrahan () compaq com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:48:00 +0100

Daniel,

The software running on the IOS Firewall Feature Set (FFS) is not the same
as the PIX, the pix runs in machine code, it does not run IOS. I would only
recommend the FFS if there is only to be a small number of clients behind
the Firewall, i.e. <20. I would look at using this solution for small
satellite offices where cost is an issue, otherwise use the PIX 506 as an
alternative small office Firewall.

Regards

Kelvin