Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cisco IOS Firewall feature

From: Úlfur <ulfur () cybercable fr>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:18:45 +0200

Daniel,

The software running on the IOS Firewall Feature Set (FFS) is not the same
as the PIX, the pix runs in machine code, it does not run IOS. I would
only
recommend the FFS if there is only to be a small number of clients behind
the Firewall, i.e. <20. I would look at using this solution for small
satellite offices where cost is an issue, otherwise use the PIX 506 as an
alternative small office Firewall.

Only 20 users ? I guess if all you have is a cisco 800, 20 users might be
pushing it but if you got something a bit more powerful, I'm sure it scales
up better than that. Last I read, outside the low-end stuff, CBAC is
supported on 3600, 7100 and 7200 series.

ulfur