Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: shiva lanrover

From: "Sigler, Karl" <KSigler () nbg com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:08:52 -0400

LanRover (now owned by Intel) is a pretty good RAS solution with eight ports
for modems and support for strong authentication. They kept the device
rather simple and stripped down, so I've found it to be easier to lock down
than other RAS solutions. It has telnet capability for management which can
be locked down (sorry, no ssh to my knowledge) and it's own java based
management tool (used to work with snmp. it might still???).

The only suggestions I'd have for you is to definitely put it in a DMZ and
use the strong authentication features to keep those lunatic wardailin'
phreaks at bay.