Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Appliance firewall

From: Yasmin Wu <yasminwu () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 21:54:15 -0700 (PDT)

A year or two ago, in the blackhat session, a
gentlement talked about appliance firewall comparison.
CISCO PIX is one of the product compared but Nokia was
not.

When the audience asked why Nokia was not on the list,
the speaker said that it did not meet certain
pre-selection criteria, so it was left out.

As I started to compare PIX and Nokia, it seems that
they are on-par with each other, and actually I think
Nokia may be a bit better because of it is a more
mature product and in terms of failed over, it don't
need a serial cable :-)

Anyone know why the speaker in the blackhat session
believe that Nokia is not good enough ??
In general, anybody has any comment on the Nokia (good
and bad) ??