Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Appliance firewall

From: Paul Cardon <paul () moquijo com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 12:39:38 -0400

Yasmin Wu wrote:

A year or two ago, in the blackhat session, a
gentlement talked about appliance firewall comparison.
CISCO PIX is one of the product compared but Nokia was
not.

When the audience asked why Nokia was not on the list,
the speaker said that it did not meet certain
pre-selection criteria, so it was left out.

Anyone know why the speaker in the blackhat session
believe that Nokia is not good enough ??
In general, anybody has any comment on the Nokia (good
and bad) ??

Since I know the presenter, I can say that it wasn't a problem with
Nokia being good enough or not.  They just didn't have availability to a
Nokia system for evaluation/testing at the time.  Similar statements are
made in many magazine reviews when a vendor is only able to supply beta
systems but the review criteria call for a production release of a
product.

-paul