Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: fundamental disagreements (was Re: Firewall/VPN recommendation for (Ex-) Gauntlet reseller)

From: "Scott Cohan" <scott.cohan () ubsw com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 07:49:40 -0400

Yeah, admittedly our CPUs weren't of the 400 Mhz variety.  It sounds
like the estimate Andrew Kalat gave was just about right - as a rule
of thumb assume you'll need 100 Mhz CPU per 100 Meg port.

I'm still surprised you can squeeze 4 QFE's in there without any problems,
but it bodes well for what we're expecting to do.  Now, if Sun could only
produce a CPU with some 21st century horsepower.....but that's a thread
best left for another list.

Scott