Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: fundamental disagreements (was Re: Firewall/VPN recommendation for (Ex-) Gauntlet reseller)

From: Jian Zhen <jlz () synlab com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 11:25:41 -0700

Scott Cohan (scott.cohan () ubsw com) [001004 06:41]:
It's not a slot issue - there are enough slots.  We had an Sun Ultra 2
with lots of memory and 2 QFE cards working fine.  We added an additional
QFE card and couldn't get the Sun to recognize it.  Tried another Ultra 2 -
same result.  Tried another.... you get the picture.

We have several U2's here that are running 3-4 QFE's. They are running on
2 CPUs (400's) and 1 Gig of ram.

Solaris seem to recognize it just fine. Haven't had much problem with it.

--
Jian L. Zhen
<jlz () synlab com>