Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

MSN... stay away? or OK?

From: Don Harris <tech () uwkern org>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:18:54 -0700

Guru advice please.

Could we allow clients to safely use MSN services including Netmeeting
options with MSN from our LAN to the internet.

If so, how should I configure our firewall/ports and so fourth (brief),
and/or what type of policy or procedures should I be concerned with?

Is there any good readings on this particular subject other than from
Microsoft?

Is setting up MSN capabilities within our LAN just plain stupid of us to
even consider?  Or is it just the Netmeeting portion to stay away from?

Our network... small LAN, DSL with static IP connection, NT4 with MS Proxy,
latest service packs, clients currently Win98 to be upgraded soon to W2K
along with servers.

Thanks

Don Harris