Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Experiences with Netscreen?

From: Bret Watson <lists () ticm com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:04:06 +0800

People,
the Infrastructure manager is lobbying to install netscreen to replace gauntlet in the org I'm working for...

I'm trying to halt this one - I feel uneasy about a prod that fails to give any info about how it works - esp when it claims to do IDS, but then doesn't talk about what technology and how...

Any experiences? Is this a good firewall for a small office? is the IDS really in the same league as NFR, RealSecure, CyberCop?

Would you really exchange Gauntlet for this?

Any experience in reliability and fail-over capability?

Thanks,

Bret