Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Experiences with Gauntlet e-ppliance FW?

From: Bret Watson <lists () ticm com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:01:15 +0800

People,
I'm looking at securing a MNC I'm working for right now.. Currently they have Gauntlet running on a Sun E450 connected to an 8M pipe.. They have a bunch of sites around the world (USx4, Europex3, Japan, Taiwan....).

1. How easy is it to manage these via the enterprise consol?
2. Is NAI's top end support good enough (I don't have people on the ground in these countries to support these boxes and I don't really want to try and teach a rookie how to patch it via the phone).
3. What kind of bandwidth can they handle (say the Web shield E-ppliance 300)

Thanks,

Bret