Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

PORTUS (was Re: High Speed Firewalls)

From: "Josef Pojsl" <josef.pojsl () pgp cz>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:38:49 +0100

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 10:51:19AM -0500, Henry Baez wrote:
I am doing research on very high speed firewalls.  I mean firewalls that
are right now available that could handle OC3 and higher speeds via Gig
Byte Etherenet cards.  In searching the recent posting of this list and
a lot of general web searching, I have found only one firewall that
claims they can do so.  It is call POTUS from a company called Livermore
Software Laboratories.  I would very much like to find at lease another
vendor which at lease matches the claim of PORTUS, 300 MB plus through
put.

A note to the PORTUS firewall (at http://www.lsli.com):
It has too much in common with T.REX, the recently announced open source
firewall at http://www.opensourcefirewall.com.
It seems that they are virtually the same products. Comments?

Best regards,
Josef