Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Legal question

From: "Gregory Stark" <greg () securityguides com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 20:02:48 -0500

I am not a lawyer so what follows is not legal advice.

One data point is the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act of 1986, http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/2701.html
which distinguishes between *authorized* access and the
unauthorized variety. The title of the section refers to
"stored" communications, so perhaps it is not relevant.

Greg Stark
securityguides llc
greg () securityguides com
www.securityguides.com