Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: monitoring remote access

From: "Graham, Randy" <RGraham () NCIINC com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:23:33 -0500

I'm not sure how this would work based on what I think the original question
was.  Let's put specifics in an example to see what was asked.  So, for
example:

--------
My company is in Washington DC.  My company provides me with a national ISP
account and a VPN client for accessing the company network while on the
road.  I travel to California on business, take my laptop, and want to surf
for porn.  If I connect to the local ISP number and am not running the VPN
client and not connecting to the company network.  Can my company track my
porn surfing?
--------

I don't think there is a way to track this without ISP cooperation, but I
could be wrong.

Randy Graham