Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Extreme Hacking

From: "Matt McClung" <mmcclung () ndwcorp com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:15:17 -0600

Here's a thought: when one of us gets broken into using one
of the secret new techniques that E&Y is teaching, let's
sue E&Y for developing it and disclosing it irresponsibly.
They've got deep pockets. We're working in a legal environment
where gun manufacturers are sometimes held accountable for
the actions of their guns - it should be a dead simple argument
that E&Y should be held accountable for the actions of
their hacking techniques, and/or anyone and everyone who
has been through their training. Thought provoking, huh?
I know a good ambulance chaser lawyer, who'll work for %33
of the take...

Ah yes, a very good idea.  It would be interesting to see what EY says when
they read your comments on the suit.  BTW, make sure you have the lawyers
contact information handy for the next little while.

Matt