Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Extreme Hacking

From: Dwcpride () aol com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 23:45:07 EDT

For the past couple of days I have been watching you guys gripe about this.
Frankly I'm sick and tired of it.  If they want to sell information they came
up with let them, and if the big corporations want to send their people to it
then let them.  But the reason some of you guys have a problem with this is
because your not doing your job right.  And you want to go but your employer
is sending the security consultant they hired to do the job that you took for
granted is secure.  Cause really?!? How many hackers (like myself) have even
$100 dollars we can give away just to go to these things.  Do what your hired
to do.  Get on the internet everyday and go to some of the hacking sites.
Make sure they're reputable.  Bone up on the information that you will find
there. It will make your job alot easier and mine alot harder.  Though I
belive information is, and should be free.  I will not hack a system to bring
it down.  Its because I want to see where you went wrong.  I don't need any
stupid class to tell me how to get in there.  If you ask me, to do your job;
you need to become a hacker like the rest of us.  So you can go home and hack
your own systems.  Because when you hack from within the office its to easy
to look at documentation, and what you know is wrong.  You have to go and
find holes for yourself.  Pe@ce  those are just my words of wisdom.  My
opinion.  All flames are welcome.  I will respond.

Here is a list you will find helpful to you:
 <A HREF="http://packetstorm.harvard.edu/";>Packet Storm Security</A>
 <A HREF="http://207.98.195.250/";>Rhino9 - Security Research Team</A>
 <A HREF="http://www.antionline.com/";>AntiOnline - Computer Security -
Hacking and Hackers
</A>
 <A HREF="http://www.insecure.org/sploits.html";>Fyodor's Exploit World,
Exploits for many Operating Systems including Linux,Sol
</A>
 <A HREF="http://www.tg0d.org/";> </A>D<A
HREF="http://www.darktide.com/";>arktide Inc. - News
</A>
 <A HREF="http://www.hacksec.com/";>HSK 4.0</A>
<A HREF="http://www.hackersclub.com/km/frontpage";>HackerZ Hideout</A>
 <A HREF="http://www.rootshell.com";>Rootshell</A>

Have fun and do your jobs so I won't have to:)