Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: centralised log server

From: Stefan.Esser () o-tel-o de
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 19:51:12 +0100

We just copy them to a central server (after compressing them) via SSH. I
don't know how we
deal with the NT stuff as that depends on the applications.
For NT its very hard to do central collections of the NT events and the
event
codes are stored in the program DLL's. However there are tools that can
take NT events and convert them and forward them to a syslog server.

I had checked out release 3.0 of "Adiscon EvntSLog", and just found that an
improved version 3.1 has become available, a few days ago. A demo version can be
fetched from <http://www.Adiscon.com/EvntSLog/>. (Fully functional; just sends a
reminder to pay $20 per licence to syslog, once in a while ...)

Release 3.0 had a few small deficiencies (configuration, format of messages),
but according to the release notes just these points have been addressed in 3.1.

Does anybody know about better products that serve the same purpose ?

Regards, STefan

(Disclaimer: I have no affiliation to that company; it was just one product I
looked at for evaluation, and which was too good to be dropped from my list of
interesting building blocks for a planned larger system ;-)