Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: centralised log server

From: dreamwvr <dreamwvr () dreamwvr com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 07:05:15 -0700

hi,
   i am not sure if you are aware of this so here goes..
syslogd has the ability to centralize all logging..  on
a single system.. works for me:-) now for the nt part
hmmm... were not sure but then again is anyone?
                                Regards,
                        dreamwvr () dreamwvr com
Scenario is - multiple products that keep log files locally. Some products
keep multiple files in a single directory (eg: access.log, audit.log, etc
etc).

What I want is a separate server that houses all these log files and a
SECURE way to get these files to this server.

An the bad news is the there are Windows NT as well as Unix systems
involved.

I was hoping that there is some nice commercial log server product that has
agents (NT and/or UNIX) on the remote application server that monitor the
log log files for changes and transmits them to the centralised log server
with some form of secure protocol.

Does anybody know of such a product - what are people doing to stop having
50 separate boxes with logs ???

Thanks - Shaun