Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Recording slow scans

From: Adam Shostack <adam () homeport org>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:27:39 -0400

There's Bro and Shadow for Network sniffer misuse and anomoly
detection (depending on how you program them.)  Theres AAFID, which
now has network agents.  (COAST's distributed agent based system).
There's tripwire and l5 for host change detection.  Theres swatch for
log monitoring.  Theres a lot of open source stuff.

I think the problem is more a lack of basic thinking on the lines of
'The Design of an Internet Firewall' that helps clarify people's
thoughts on what to build; people are still designing cool new stuff,
and some of them are selling it, others are giving it away.

Adam

--
                                                       -Hume