Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: linux firewal question (newbie)

From: Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 23:43:48 +1000 (EST)

In some email I received from Bob Acosta, sie wrote:

TIS runs on BSDI, SOLARIS, HPUX, and NT.  There are some differences between
the UNIX platforms and the NT platforms.

You can download FWTK for linux and TIS used to have some good links to
various plugs, proxies, etc.. for the FWTK.

FWIW, I've read comments somewhere from someone who has _ported_ Gauntlet
to run on Linux (yes, they had already bought it to run on other systems
but because they got the source, they were able to make it run elsewhere,
I assume).  I cannot put a name or date to when that was.  The comments
about the porting effort went along the lines of it wasn't that hard due
to similarities with the way the Gauntlet kernel changes work and the way
Linux worked/works.

Darren